Monday, November 21, 2016

Guest Blogger Time...

This momma was thrilled when my son emailed and asked if he could be a Guest Blogger.
This is some good stuff, and it is an honor to allow him to share his true heart..
 So fellow Blog Readers..
Enjoy...

Genuine and Creative Prayer
By Aaron

            I guess how I want to start off this blog is by explaining how I got to this point…. 

So, I was sitting in the shower and I was just sitting there thinking about how I can’t wait get home and celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. Then I laughed out loud (mind you I was sitting in the public shower alone laughing) as I remembered my favorite part of Thanksgiving is when my grandpa prays right before we all eat. You may be thinking, “wow this guy is kind of a jerk,” but before you judge me let me tell you why it’s funny. It’s funny because he prays as fast as Usain Bolt runs the 100-meter dash. What I’m saying is that if someone who wasn’t part of the family was there he/she would think that we were running an auction in the place. 

So, after I finished laughing, God spoke to me and asked me “what is funny about a man who is praying?” I kind of just awkwardly sat there and basically reevaluated my entire existence. Why was I laughing at a man who was genuinely praying to God; not caring about what others thought of his prayer. Then I thought “when was the last time I genuinely prayed?” I’m not talking about before I go to bed or before every meal, which if I’m completely honest I don’t do all the time as I should. I’m talking about a prayer one prays straight up because they want to. 

Like for example, I spend a lot of time playing video games (like an ungodly amount of time) what if I chose (important word is “chose”) to stop and just start spilling the beans to the lord. I am talking about a prayer that has no real order to it but has your whole heart put into it. I feel like these are the prayers that can change the world. Don’t think that I am saying all other type of prayers are irrelevant. 

Here is what I am saying, we have to stop praying to God as if it is a chore we do every single day at a specific time with specific words. At some point after doing that for a while it seems very robotic, and a far as I know God doesn’t want robots programmed to pray at 6:00 PM everyday right before they eat their hamburger helper. He wants human beings who pray genuine and creative prayers. Now some of you may tell me, “Listen dude, I don’t have a creative bone in my body.” Well to you I say that’s a load of crap! The Bible says that the lord created us all in his image. 
Now, that means we have all the qualities that God has, right? That’s exactly what that means!! 
So, if God the guy who created the whole universe with his very words says that we have the same qualities as him, I can say without a doubt in my mind that you are creative! 
This world needs people who will pray creative and genuine prayers straight from their heart. 
We need to be the Picassos and Van Goghs of prayers.


So, everything I just said there went through my mind as I sat still in the shower then I CHOSE to pray a prayer that was so genuine I felt as if God was sitting with me in that shower (I know… weird to say but this is my experience not yours). When I finished praying I finally understood what it is like for rappers to finish a concert. I was exhausted and couldn’t think of anything else to say. I can honestly say I put everything into that prayer it was the most genuine prayer I have ever prayed. I definitely plan on praying like this a lot more and I am excited to what adventures this takes me on. I hope that whoever reads this will learn from my spiritual shower time and change the way they pray.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Awesome job Aaron!! Very thought provoking!!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this had me laughing so hard because I know exactly what he is talking about. It's the reason every Thanksgiving, etc I would look at the boys & we'd all laugh, because we were all thinking the same thing. Now I feel the need to repent hehe. I can't tell you how much these guest blogs just ministered to me. I'm crying right now because I've become a robot because my heart hurts. This too shall pass. Miss reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete


Welcome to My Life..