Monday, April 15, 2024

Mum's The Word...

 


This momma sure finds it really weird that a certain topic is not talked about.

Empty Nesting..

The more I think about it, the more it makes me wonder if it is taboo or if women out there are brought shame because they think they are alone.

Well, let me be the first of many to say You are Not Alone.

There are many of us, who are struggling or struggled with empty nesting.

 And yes, I have been told many times by many people how wonderful it is.

How I am ridiculous for being so sad. 

 Or how now it is time to party, and enjoy the quiet. Blah Blah Blah

And the flesh side of me wants to say, okay I am sorry you did not like your children being around!

But I didn’t, I just smiled and kept my mouth shut.

Because ya know what, I don’t enjoy the quiet.

I don’t enjoy not having my kiddos there for me to cook for and drive around to practices and games.

 I don’t enjoy not saying good night and know they are safe under my roof.

I don’t enjoy coming home to an empty house each day.

I don’t enjoy not having dinner around the table and laughter being heard.

And you know what, that is okay!

I can embrace this season too!

 I can feel sad and miss it with all my heart.

So mommas of Seniors who are about to watch their babies walk across that stage. The ones who will be dropping them off at college for the first time, or returning them to college after a wonderful summer break.

 Just know, it does hurt.

There will be tears, and sadness and an emptiness in your heart that you can’t explain.

And no, I would be lying if I said it gets easier with each one.

But, just know you are not alone. And don't let anyone shame you for feeling it all. It's Normal!


I loved being a momma to my four.

 I am thankful that they are all living healthy lives and living for Jesus.

 I am thankful for the glimpses they allow me to see of them as they do the adult life.

But, you know what has healed my heart some?

The Love of Jesus AND...

Yep, Grandbabies and Vacations! 😂

That is how I am coping.

Because Empty Nesting Sucks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Welcome to My Life..