Friday, December 30, 2011

The Lord Giveth, The Lord Taketh Away Part 3

So, Friday I decided to go to work, cause it was my dept Christmas party, so I was running around like crazy, trying to get everything taken care of. I called to check on my mom, and she was still at the hospital, and gpa was still hanging on. His numbers were looking really good, and he was actually awake and talking a little. During the party, I got a phone call from Briana, telling me that she went to doctor, and he was taking the baby at 3:30 cause her amniotic fluid got too low. Of course I am jumping up and down, and super excited..

So, I finished up with the party, and my boss let me go home early. I rounded up all my kids and 2 nephews and one niece, and off to the hospital we went to meet the new family member.

Gabriel Cruz arrived at 3:30pm weighing a whole 6pds, he is the most precious little boy ever!

I was told, that my gma showed my gpa a picture on her phone of the baby. That she told him how Jessie and Briana had the baby, and he looked at the picture, and smiled really big, let out a big breath, and had tears running down his face. And he went to sleep. He than waited for my gma to fall into a deep sleep that night, and he passed away at 1am Saturday morning. I put on my FB, that my gpa was just waiting till baby Gabriel got here, to make sure we had something to bring us joy. Taking care of us like always! My older brother Joe called me a little after 1am to let me know. When my phone rang, and I saw who it was, I already knew. All I could hear in the back ground was my gma, crying.. She just lost the love of her life, it hit me than, that we had been praying for God to take him, and he answered our prayers, but what about my grandma now?! Right before Christmas!

Saturday was a blur, I felt numb, and like we were just going thru the motions. I met my family at the funeral home, and we planned the funeral. My mom and uncle looked horrible. It was so heartbreaking to see them so sad and lost. But my gma, was still smiling. Not one tear did she shed.

This entire experience has made me see my grandma thru a new pair of eyes. This woman took her vows seriously. She stood by her husband for 52 years, in sickness and in health. She never left his side. Even on his bad days. She stayed at that hospital for almost 3 wks, she held his hand and loved him till the very end. I admire her for that...

2 comments:

  1. peace and comfort to you and your family. I haven't been able to stop thinking of you in a few days. Please call if you need something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your family witnessed first hand the circle of life. With baby Gabriels birth and the passing of your granpa. It's a bitter sweet blessing and I believe you are 100% right...your grandpa was waiting on Gabriel to arrive!! :0)

    Love and peace for you and your family.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete


Welcome to My Life..